"To pivot well is the difference between millions and failure. Former Googler and entrepreneur Jenny Blake (one of my favorite human beings) dissects the pivot, how to do it, and how to do it right."
—James Altucher, book endorsement for PIVOT: The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One
One of my favorite authors, bloggers and friends—James Altucher, author of Choose Yourself and the Choose Yourself Guide to Wealth—takes over the Pivot Podcast this week to interview yours truly. I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate the book launch—be sure to grab your copy wherever books are sold!!
I also take over James' show today as his guest host—if you don't already subscribe to his podcasts, get on it! They're my favorites that I listen to: The James Altucher Show and Question of the Day (with Freakonomics co-author Stephen Dubner).
James and I are New York City neighbors and now great pals; after running into each other three times in two weeks last year, we decided fate was telling us to be friends. If you haven't already, check out our New Years kick-off episode of the Pivot Podcast, Reinvent Yourself (related to his 55-item Reinvent Yourself checklist, poster in-full here).
I had so much fun having these conversations, and I hope you do too!
More About Today's Guest Host, James Altucher
James Altucher is a successful entrepreneur, angel investor, chess master and prolific writer. He has started and run more than 20 companies and is currently invested in over 30. He is the author of 17 books, and hosts 2 podcasts with 16 million downloads and counting.
His writing has appeared in major media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Observer, Techcrunch, The Financial Times, Yahoo Finance and others. His blog, JamesAltucher.com, has attracted more than 20 million readers since its launch in 2010. James was also recently featured in the New York Times Style section (front-page): Why Self-Help Guru James Altucher Only Owns 15 Things.
Podcast: PIVOT Launch Day! James Altucher Interviews Jenny Blake
- Books: PIVOT, Choose Yourself
- Recent New York Times Style section (front-page feature) on James: Why Self-Help Guru James Altucher Only Owns 15 Things
- Poster: The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Reinventing Yourself
- Jenny’s Momentum Community
- Blog post: The Ultimate Guide to Becoming an Idea Machine
- Jenny's recommended pivot reading:
- Choose Yourself by James Altucher
- Antifragile by Nassim Taleb
- The Antidote by Oliver Burkeman (Pivot Podcast episode here)
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris (Pivot Podcast on How Meditation Rewired My Brain)
- Outrageous Openness by Tosha Silver
- You'll Grow Out of It by Jessi Klein (head writer for Inside Amy Schumer)
- Death of Money by James Rickards
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH JAMES:
- Website: JamesAltucher.com
- Twitter: @jaltucher
- Facebook: @JAltucher.Blog
- Instagram: @altucher
Check out other episodes of the Pivot Podcast here. Be sure to subscribe via iTunes, Android or SoundCloud, and if you enjoy the show I would be very grateful for a rating and/or review! Sign-up for my weekly #PivotList newsletter to receive curated round-ups of what I'm reading, watching, listening to, and new tools I'm geeking out on.