As you board planes, trains and automobiles to head home (or adventuring) over the holidays, I'm sharing 21+ of my best travel tips, apps and tools—everything from preparing to booking to packing, to travel day and routines on the road.
Keynote speaking is one of my favorite ways to earn a living, and this year I took about 30 trips, or one every other week. In today’s episode I share the strategies, routines, apps, and products that keep me relatively healthy, happy and sane while traveling, and that help me recharge when my batteries are running low but I’m away from home.
Enjoy, and if you have any favorite travel tips, hacks or apps that I missed please do reach out and let me know!
View full show notes at PivotMethod.com/podcast/travel
- TripIt Pro
- Gmail Offline (Open Gmail —> Settings —> Gmail Offline in sub-menu)
- Bulletproof Brain Octane
- Rishi Earl Grey Tea
- Quantum Health TheraZinc Spray
- Immune Booster Natural Vitamin C Powder + Zinc
- TUMI Tegra Lite Max International Expandable Carry-On
- Away Suitcases (with USB Charger)
- Black velvet stackable hangers
- Mesh bags for packing clothes
- Super light down jacket from Aether - great for packing!
- Lululemon toiletry bag
- Voluspa Bourbon Vanille small travel candle
- Encrypt.me (see also: Pivot Podcast on Cyber Security for Dummies)
- Spotify Premium (+ offline playlists)
- Shoeboxed (company that digitizes receipts)
- NYT Book Review interview with Marc Maron, his latest book Waiting for the Punch: Words to Live by from the WTF Podcast
- The What List: Holiday Travel Essentials
- Related Pivot Podcast episodes:
- Pivot on Patreon
Podcast: 21+ Travel Tips and Apps — with Jenny Blake
Check out other episodes of the Pivot Podcast here. Be sure to subscribe via iTunes, Google Play or SoundCloud, and if you enjoy the show I would be very grateful for a rating and/or review! Sign-up for my weekly(ish) #PivotList newsletter to receive curated round-ups of what I'm reading, watching, listening to, and new tools I'm geeking out on.
Want to support the show and become a founding member of the Pivot Podcast community? Join us on Patreon here.