Map What's Next: One-Hour Workshop-in-a-Box
In partnership with Actionable Conversations, I have created a one-hour workshop that anyone on your team can lead in addition to, or in place of, a kickoff keynote with your organization. You will have everything you need to facilitate at the workshop at your fingertips, with a dashboard to track group participation and follow-up.
This conversation framework is a great tool for office book clubs, leadership development, and team building exercises. The workshop can guide reflection and discussion about developing within one's role, not just bigger career pivots.
- Facilitator Guide (Video overview, workshop syllabus)
- Pre-Reading to send to your team in advance
- Tracking dashboard to record participation and follow-up on action items
*Actionable Conversations works on a credit system; you can purchase one credit (to run this workshop one time with one team), or receive a bulk discount if you purchase multiple credits at once to run the workshop. Those credits can be applied to any workshop in the Actionable library, or to run Pivot with more than one team.
Check out Actionable's fantastic book summary of PIVOT's most important points.
PIVOT Storyline: Conversation Series
In addition to the one-hour PIVOT conversation, I have partnered with Actionable Conversations to bring you a curated follow-up series of leader-led conversations that reinforce each of the Pivot core concepts.
These follow-up conversations are a fantastic way to sustain the initial learning and excitement, and to continue having powerful individual and team dialogue in the months that follow. Each workshop is one-hour in length, with everything you need to facilitate at your fingertips (even without having read the books).
Together, we'll select three sessions below as part of a customized follow-up series, called the PIVOT Storyline, that I have curated to deepen the learning around each of the core PIVOT principles: leveraging strengths, scanning for opportunities, thinking expansively, problem-solving, riding out unexpected dips, and experimenting frequently to drive innovation. These sessions are a great way to facilitate ongoing group career conversations among managers and teams.
Cost: $1,475 for 4 sessions (30% discount; $500/ea when purchased individually)
- Kick-off call with your workshop leaders on facilitation best-practices
- PIVOT conversation ($497 value)
- 3 hand-picked, 60-minute follow-up modules for you to build ongoing engagement and momentum with your team
- Tracking dashboard to record participation and individual action items
- Pivot Keynote kick-off for the broader workshop audience (either in person or via Skype or webinar). At additional cost depending on format; reduced rate when included with Storyline purchase.
Annual Career Conversation Toolkit
In keeping with the workshop-in-a-box format, the Career Conversation Toolkit has everything managers need to roll out career conversations quickly, easily, and regularly within your organization.
Cost: $197 per team (up to 15 people)
- Instant access to template e-mails with session overviews and scheduling instructions for your team
- Worksheets for individuals to fill out before and after career conversations with their manager
- Best practices for coaching effectively within these one-on-one sessions
Optional: PIVOT Workbook
Cost: $30 per person
- 30-page PIVOT workbook to help individuals reflect more deeply before your scheduled career conversation.
- Exercises to spark creative thinking about developing within one's role (or within the company more broadly) based on the book, PIVOT: The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One.
- Individuals can choose what completed pages of the workbook to share with you, or summarize before your scheduled meeting.