Interactive Keynote with Jenny Blake
PIVOT: The Only Move that Matters is Your Next One
Alternative title: PIVOT: Map Your Next Move
No matter your age, life stage, bank account balance, or career level, you can learn how to pivot strategically into your next opportunity or grow within your current role. Your best chance of success lies right under your feet. By doubling down on what is already working, you can cut through confusion and move more quickly in a new direction. Pivoting is a mindset and a skill set, and it is one we can all get better at.
This interactive keynote workshop will resonate with anyone facing the question of what comes next by providing a methodical plan to move forward, one that you can cycle through as many times as necessary.
The Pivot Method is a 4-stage process that will help participants:
- Identify existing strengths, interests and experiences, and defining success one year out.
- Scan the horizon for new skills, people and opportunities, without falling prey to analysis-paralysis or compare-and-despair.
- Reduce risk by running small experiments that can provide feedback and help determine next steps in your career trajectory.
- Launch with confidence, bolstered by the skills and methodology to adjust seamlessly and continuously as you move in a new direction.
Workshop Cost: $10,000 - $20,000 (depending on location, duration, customization; includes all transportation costs except hotel)
- 45-90 minute workshop
- Time for Q&A
- Optional book signing afterward
Scalable Learning with Actionable Conversations
Map What's Next: One-Hour Workshop-in-a-Box
In partnership with Actionable Conversations, I have created a one-hour workshop that anyone on your team can lead in addition to, or in place of, a kickoff keynote with your organization. You will have everything you need to facilitate at the workshop at your fingertips, with a dashboard to track group participation and follow-up.
This conversation framework is a great tool for office book clubs, leadership development, and team building exercises. The workshop can guide reflection and discussion about developing within one's role, not just bigger career pivots.
Cost: $497 per credit (1 credit supports up to 10 people; discounted rate for larger groups and/or multiple teams)*
- Facilitator Guide (Video overview, workshop syllabus)
- Pre-Reading to send to your team in advance
- Tracking dashboard to record participation and follow-up on action items
*Actionable Conversations works on a credit system; you can purchase one credit (to run this workshop one time with up to 10 people), or receive a bulk discount if you purchase multiple credits at once to run the conversation. These credits can be applied to any conversation in the Actionable library, or to run Pivot with more than one team.
Check out Actionable's fantastic book summary of PIVOT's most important points.
Sustain the learning and career development environment with PIVOT Storylines: Ongoing actionable Conversation Series
In addition to the one-hour PIVOT conversation, I have partnered with Actionable Conversations to bring you a curated follow-up series of leader-led conversations that reinforce each of the Pivot core concepts.
These follow-up conversations are a fantastic way to sustain the initial learning and excitement, and to continue having powerful individual and team dialogue in the months that follow. Each workshop is one-hour in length, with everything you need to facilitate at your fingertips (even without having read the books).
Together, we'll select three sessions below as part of a customized follow-up series, called the PIVOT Storyline, that I have curated to deepen the learning around each of the core PIVOT principles: leveraging strengths, scanning for opportunities, thinking expansively, problem-solving, riding out unexpected dips, and experimenting frequently to drive innovation. These sessions are a great way to facilitate ongoing group career conversations among managers and teams.
Cost: $1,475 for 4 sessions (30% discount; $500/ea when purchased individually)
- Kick-off call with your workshop leaders on facilitation best-practices
- PIVOT conversation ($497 value)
- 3 hand-picked, 60-minute follow-up modules for you to build ongoing engagement and momentum with your team
- Tracking dashboard to record participation and individual action items
- Pivot Keynote kick-off for the broader workshop audience (either in person or via Skype or webinar). At additional cost depending on format; reduced rate when included with Storyline purchase.
Career Conversation Toolkit
In keeping with the workshop-in-a-box format, the Career Conversation Toolkit has everything managers need to roll out career conversations quickly, easily, and regularly within your organization.
Cost: $197 per team (up to 15 people)
- Instant access to template e-mails with session overviews and scheduling instructions for your team
- Worksheets for individuals to fill out before and after career conversations with their manager
- Best practices for coaching effectively within these one-on-one sessions
Optional: PIVOT Workbook
Cost: $24 per person (inquire for bulk discount on orders of 20 or more)
- 30-page PIVOT workbook to help individuals reflect more deeply before your scheduled career conversation.
- Exercises to spark creative thinking about developing within one's role (or within the company more broadly) based on the book, PIVOT: The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One.
- Individuals can choose what completed pages of the workbook to share with you, or summarize before your scheduled meeting.