Create a Culture of Compelling Career Conversations
It can sometimes seem that "high net growth" employees have one foot out the door — particularly top performers who are seeking greater meaning and impact from their work.
Leaders care deeply about employee retention and engagement, but don’t always have the tools to close the career development gap between an employee who has hit a ceiling with visibility into opportunities for growth within the company.
Did you know . . .
When training is reinforced by in-the-field coaching, ROI increases 4x
46% percent of employees say coaching by their manager is one of the best ways to reinforce new skills
More than 60% of employees are more likely to leave their job if their manager is a poor coach
The average manager devotes only 20% of their time to coaching
The new reality is career as a smart phone, not a ladder—dynamic, and customizable to each individual. I teach leaders how to help employees “pivot before they leap”—to find further growth within their company to avoid feeling like their only option is to quit in order to advance.
Careers are not linear any more, but they are not random either.
Drawing upon my experiences working in global Career Development at Google and interacting with thousands of Millennials as the founder of Life After College, I will illuminate strategies for greater retention, engagement, and internal mobility within companies large and small, for employees of all ages and stages.
WE CAN WORK TOGETHER TO CREATE strategies to:
- Foster agility within employees and leaders and create a culture of adaptability and fluidity, helping employees pivot and plan next moves within their existing roles, while exploring additional small project experiments outside of their teams (if desired)
- Keep high performers engaged: learning, growing, and involved in career development programs. If they are going to Pivot it’s important to show it can be done from within the company, even if it means a rotation program, 20% project or horizontal move.
- Provide tools for managers, mentors and coaches to have these conversations and align individual goals and career aspirations with the team and company metrics and performance expectations – these do not have to be mutually exclusive.
How We Can Work Together
- Interactive keynote speech for employees and/or managers
- In-depth How to Career Coach manager training
- Lead a Map What's Next workshop with your team
- Consulting to help you build, launch and measure an internal career advisor program (drop-in 1:1 coaching with senior-level leaders who dedicate a small portion of their time to this purpose)
To inquire about working together, please send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!