My passion is helping people move beyond burnout to create sustainable, dynamic careers they love. I empower audiences to embrace what’s already working to shift methodically into what’s next, which often starts right within one’s existing role or business. I help people ditch the rigidity of yesterday’s career ladder, instead treating their careers (and lives) as dynamic, constantly customizable apps on a smartphone.
Whether talking about small career pivots to plan for the year ahead or teaching managers how to have better career conversations, beyond just inspiration it’s the interactive format, immensely practical tools and templates, and encouragement that keep people coming back for more.
After 5+ years in Training & Development at Google and now 6+ years into my career as a keynote speaker, I have worked with tens of thousands of people and road-tested exactly what works. My philosophy and passion as a facilitator is to keep everyone's energy up and engaged throughout the session, while giving ample time for personal reflection, getting to know their peers, and creating their own customized plan for how they want to grow in the coming year. Participants will leave inspired, empowered, and clear on exactly what small steps to take next.
I love working with audiences of all shapes and sizes—ranging from a room of 30 managers looking to have better career conversations, or 1,000 individuals ready to map their next move. I have worked with companies like Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Forbes and Chanel to keynoting at conferences for entrepreneurs.
PIVOT: The Only Move That Matters is Your Next One
No matter your age, life stage, bank account balance, or career level, you can learn how to pivot strategically into your next opportunity or grow within your current role. Your best chance of success lies right under your feet. By doubling down on what is already working, you can cut through confusion and move more quickly in a new direction. Pivoting is a mindset and a skill set, and it is one we can all get better at.
This interactive keynote workshop will resonate with anyone facing the question of what comes next by providing a methodical plan to move forward, one that you can cycle through as many times as necessary.
The Pivot Method is a 4-stage process that will help participants:
Identify existing strengths, interests and experiences, and defining success one year out.
Scan the horizon for new skills, people and opportunities, without falling prey to analysis-paralysis or compare-and-despair.
Reduce risk by running small experiments that can provide feedback and help determine next steps in your career trajectory.
Launch with confidence, bolstered by the skills and methodology to adjust seamlessly and continuously as you move in a new direction.
45-90 minute workshop
Time for Q&A
- Optional book signing
Pivot: How to Career Coach (Manager Training)
Managers and coaches will learn a 3-step coaching process for helping others explore career development options, navigate change, and quickly work through situations in which they feel stuck or uncertain. Managers and coaches will walk away with a simple framework they can share with the person sitting across from them.
In addition to learning The Pivot Method, participants will gain skills around asking powerful questions to support individuals’ learning, growing, and career development, specific tools to quickly align individual goals and career aspirations with team and company needs (to help clients see that these do not have to be mutually exclusive), coaching language to help foster a culture of adaptability and fluidity, and tools to help people develop and explore opportunities within their roles.
Highly interactive, experiential 3-hour training session
Private coaching for individual managers and coaches
Observation triad calls (Jenny + 3 participants) for participants to practice the Pivot Method as coaches and receive feedback
Speak Like a Pro: Practical Tips to Propel Confidence and Delivery
Take it from a woman who used to get hives when presenting at important meetings during her time at Google: we all get nervous before major speaking opportunities — our body is going into a predictable fight or flight response from being isolated on an open plane, with dozens of eyeballs staring at us. The question is, do you know the insider tips and tricks to harness those nerves and use them to your advantage?
In this interactive keynote, based on years of international speaking experience and over five years on the Training & Development team at Google, I share practical tips to improve your confidence and delivery while speaking in front of others.
Participants will learn:
- How to influence behavior change
- How to structuring a presentation effectively to enact positive change
- The brain science behind how to practice your delivery to nail your content without notes
- Physiological tips for calming nerves, and
- Pointers for delivering your speech in an engaging, concise manner (with examples from the last presidential election)
These skills will help you with everything from internal presentations to client meetings to larger speaking engagements, and ensure that your audiences walk away feeling inspired and motivated to action.
My speaking fees for keynotes and in-person engagements range from $10,000 to $25,000, depending on the location, duration, and level of customization. Webinars and virtual events are priced separately.
My speaking fee typically covers:
- A 30-minute pre-event planning call with event organizers
- A 60-90 minute interactive keynote presentation
- An optional book signing following the keynote
- Optional additional breakout session or panel facilitation depending on the event
Unless otherwise quoted, I charge a flat fee for travel (billed up front) that includes everything except hotel: airfare, ground transportation, and incidental, which makes booking and reimbursement easier for all involved :)
I do sometimes make exceptions and speak for less than my quoted fees, depending on the nature of the organization and the travel required. Feel free to reach out and we can discuss ways to make it work; if it's not a fit for me, I'm always happy to recommend other great speakers that fit your budget!
Sampling of previous events (for most recent speaking tour dates/locations, click here):
Corporate Training & Workshops
- Google – Authors@Google, Speak Like a Pro, Career in the Age of the App, Pivot for Internal Coaches (Mountain View, New York, Singapore), G2G Summit
- Chanel – Talent Day (4-hour leadership training for managers on career conversations and how to apply Pivot as a career coaching framework)
- Booking.com – Keynote for BKX series, educational talks that increase employees' knowledge and stimulate inspiration. 400 in the room, live streaming to 1,500.
- Microsoft – Career Month partnership; Pivot keynote for individuals, career coach training for managers
- Boston Scientific — Kickoff keynote for Women's Resource Group
- Best Buy – Series of 4 workshops on goal-setting, career and money
- KPMG – Know How To be the CEO of Your Career
- Two Sigma Investments – Panel coaching for executives
- Intuit – Tech talk for Mint.com
- Center for Association Leadership – Career Development workshop
- Parsons (NYC) – Speak Like a Pro Workshop
- MIT Society of Women Engineers & Work-Life Center
- Yale Masters Tea: Career in the Age of the App
- Pratt Find & Follow Your Passion – Closing Keynote
- TEDxCMU – Opening Speaker, Career in the Age of the App
- UCLA workshop for women
- University of Calgary – Graduating this Year program – Closing Keynote
Conferences & Breakout Sessions
- Host, SXSW Comcast Social Media Lounge 2016 and 2017
- Keynote — Pivot, Persevere and Prosper: American Society of Journalists and Authors
- Keynote, AIIP Annual Meeting
- Keynote, Elevate, Empower and Engage: Women’s Business Summit at New Orleans Entrepreneur Week
- Keynote and panel facilitator for 4 Conferences for Women: Texas, Boston, Philadelphia and Silicon Valley
- HMG Strategy Group Conference Breakout (for 200 Chief Information Officers)
- Adelante Leadership Conference workshop
- United Women in Business panelist
- Emerging Women NYC Rally
- Moxie Camp conference for women
- Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship
- Book Breakthrough NYC workshop
- American Journalism Society – Book Marketing panel
- Columbia University – Social Media weekend
- 20 Under 20 Thiel Fellowship Retreat
- Cancer & Careers – Young Adult session