PIVOT: The Only Move That Matters is Your Next One
No matter your age, life stage, bank account balance, or career level, you can learn how to pivot strategically into your next opportunity or grow within your current role. Your best chance of success lies right under your feet. By doubling down on what is already working, you can cut through confusion and move more quickly in a new direction. Pivoting is a mindset and a skill set, and it is one we can all get better at.
This interactive keynote workshop will resonate with anyone facing the question of what comes next by providing a methodical plan to move forward, one that you can cycle through as many times as necessary.
The Pivot Method is a 4-stage process that will help participants:
Identify existing strengths, interests and experiences, and defining success one year out.
Scan the horizon for new skills, people and opportunities, without falling prey to analysis-paralysis or compare-and-despair.
Reduce risk by running small experiments that can provide feedback and help determine next steps in your career trajectory.
Launch with confidence, bolstered by the skills and methodology to adjust seamlessly and continuously as you move in a new direction.
45-90 minute workshop
Time for Q&A
- Optional book signing
Pivot: How to Career Coach (Manager Training)
Managers and coaches will learn a 3-step coaching process for helping others explore career development options, navigate change, and quickly work through situations in which they feel stuck or uncertain. Managers and coaches will walk away with a simple framework they can share with the person sitting across from them.
In addition to learning The Pivot Method, participants will gain skills around asking powerful questions to support individuals’ learning, growing, and career development, specific tools to quickly align individual goals and career aspirations with team and company needs (to help clients see that these do not have to be mutually exclusive), coaching language to help foster a culture of adaptability and fluidity, and tools to help people develop and explore opportunities within their roles.
Highly interactive, experiential 3-hour training session
Private coaching for individual managers and coaches
Observation triad calls (Jenny + 3 participants) for participants to practice the Pivot Method as coaches and receive feedback
Speak Like a Pro: Practical Tips to Propel Confidence and Delivery
Take it from a woman who used to get hives when presenting at important meetings during her time at Google: we all get nervous before major speaking opportunities — our body is going into a predictable fight or flight response from being isolated on an open plane, with dozens of eyeballs staring at us. The question is, do you know the insider tips and tricks to harness those nerves and use them to your advantage?
In this interactive keynote, based on years of international speaking experience and over five years on the Training & Development team at Google, I share practical tips to improve your confidence and delivery while speaking in front of others.
Participants will learn:
- How to influence behavior change
- How to structuring a presentation effectively to enact positive change
- The brain science behind how to practice your delivery to nail your content without notes
- Physiological tips for calming nerves, and
- Pointers for delivering your speech in an engaging, concise manner (with examples from the last presidential election)
These skills will help you with everything from internal presentations to client meetings to larger speaking engagements, and ensure that your audiences walk away feeling inspired and motivated to action.
Here’s a sampling of previous events:
Universities & Keynotes
- Google (SF) & Parsons (NYC) – Speak Like a Pro Workshop
- MIT Society of Women Engineers & Work-Life Center
- Yale Masters Tea: Career in the Age of the App
- Wire Me Awake Entrepreneurship Conference Keynote
- Pratt Find & Follow Your Passion – Closing Keynote
- TEDxCMU – Opening Speaker, Career in the Age of the App
- 20 Something Bloggers – Closing Keynote
- University of Calgary – Graduating this Year program – Closing Keynote
- Google g2g Summit Keynote in Dublin, Ireland
Conferences & Breakout Sessions
- Host, Comcast Social Media Lounge at SXSW2016
- Elevate, Empower and Engage: Women’s Business Summit at New Orleans Entrepreneur Week
- HMG Strategy Group Conference Breakout (for 200 Chief Information Officers)
- Adelante Leadership Conference workshop
- United Women in Business panelist
- Emerging Women NYC Rally
- Moxie Camp conference for women
- Texas Conference for Women
- Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship
- Book Breakthrough NYC
- American Journalism Society – Book Marketing panel
- Columbia University – Social Media weekend
- 20 Under 20 Thiel Fellowship Retreat
- Cancer & Careers – Young Adult session
Corporate Training & Workshops
- Google – Authors@Google, Speak Like a Pro, Career in the Age of the App, The Pivot Method for Internal Coaches (Mountain View, New York, Singapore)
- Best Buy – Series of 4 workshops on goal-setting, career and money
- KPMG – Know How To be the CEO of Your Career
- Two Sigma Investments – Panel coaching for executives
- Intuit – tech talk for Mint.com
- The Center for Association Leadership – Career Development workshop