When my friend Elizabeth pivoted from time management author and coach to divine time management, her faith-based practice of "trusting God's loving plans for you," and with the release of her new book in November, I wanted to have her on the show. But I was nervous at the same time.
Is it okay to put faith forward in business? On the podcast? I'm not Christian—would that adversely affect the interview? Would it be divisive in any way for listeners? Our culture prides a separation of church and state, but what about spirituality and business?
In the months since Elizabeth's book launched, I have been sloooowly finding the courage to talk about these topics more prominently on the Pivot Podcast. And believe me, coming from an atheist-turned-agnostic, this was not an easy or obvious choice. But my soul's curiosity and passion for finding deeper meaning in our work says YES. I am grateful to now be exploring people and philosophies of many ranging faiths on this show.
With that, let's dive into this week's awesome episode! I love Elizabeth's advice on loosening the reigns of control, paying attention to inner stirrings, and her vulnerability in sharing how she has surrendered her timing around finding love.
Check out full show notes from this episode with links to resources mentioned at PivotMethod.com/podcast/divine-time.
More About Elizabeth Grace Saunders
Elizabeth Grace Saunders is an internationally recognized expert on effective time management and the founder of Real Life E Time Coaching and Speaking (www.RealLifeE.com). Her company partners with individuals on the journey from feeling guilty, overwhelmed and frustrated to feeling peaceful, confident and accomplished. Her first two books are The 3 Secrets to Effective Time Investment: How to Achieve More Success with Less Stress and How to Invest Your Time Like Money. Her newest is Divine Time Management: The Joy of Trusting God’s Loving Plans for You.
Topics We Cover
- How the calling for this book came to her, "part desire and part command"
- Her process of writing the book proposal as she developed the practices
- Being "patient zero" of needing to relinquish control
- Finding the courage to put her faith more forward in business
- How to pay attention to inner stirrings
- Letting go of forcing your storyline
- What to do around "sexy shoulds" and how to handle indecision, saying no
- Finding right relationship with self and others
Podcast: Divine Time Management and Putting Faith Forward in Business with Elizabeth Grace Saunders
- Elizabeth on the web: RealLifeE and DivineTimeBook
- Elizabeth's books: The 3 Secrets to Effective Time Investment: How to Achieve More Success with Less Stress, How to Invest Your Time Like Money, and Divine Time Management: The Joy of Trusting God’s Loving Plans for You.
- Article: Brené Brown — Gun Reform: Speaking Truth to Bullshit, Practicing Civility, and Effecting Change
- Previous Pivot Podcasts: Martha Beck on Enlightenment and Messages our Bodies Send, Create, Serve, Receive, Be Prosperous: Soulful Business with Jeffrey Shaw, Penney Peirce interview series
Check out other episodes of the Pivot Podcast here. Be sure to subscribe via iTunes, Google Play or SoundCloud, and if you enjoy the show I would be very grateful for a rating and/or review! Sign-up for my weekly(ish) #PivotList newsletter to receive curated round-ups of what I'm reading, watching, listening to, and new tools I'm geeking out on.
Want to support the show and become a founding member of the Pivot Podcast community? Join us on Patreon here.