“At night, the soul is rejuvenating the personality. All dreams are data about our own personal process of growth and evolution.”
Dreams. Although we often laugh them away today (if we remember them at all), many ancient and tribal cultures treated the dream world as absolutely real and worthy of our respect, an extension of the waking world. As Penney Peirce writes in Be the Dreamer, Not the Dream: A Guide to 24-Hour Consciousness (previously published as Dreams for Dummies), “Everything we do in the dream world is real; it’s just happening at other dimensions of our awareness.”
So what’s going on in that noggin’ of yours in the (hopefully) 8 hours of the day that you’re not on your feet? In today’s show we talk about the fascinating and ever-elusive subject of dreams: how to better remember and even program dreams, how to interpret them, and much more.
If you missed my first interview with Penney, check out our conversation on Intuition and Frequency here.
ABOUT PENNEY PEIRCE
Penney Peirce is a gifted intuitive empath and visionary, and one of the pioneers in the intuition development movement. She is a popular author, lecturer, counselor, and trainer specializing in intuition development, “skillful perception,” transformation, and dreamwork. She is the author of The Intuitive Way, Frequency, Leap of Perception, Dream Dictionary for Dummies, and The Present Moment.
TOPICS WE COVER
- The soul becomes conscious in the dimension of our dreams
- Dreams are where we process what happened during the day; re-access parts of ourselves
- Debunking the scientific notion that we are completely unconscious idea at night
- Rather, “the soul is rejuvenating the personality” in the dream realm
- Moving into our right-brain at night
- The phases of sleep and when we are most likely to dream (hint: during REM)
- How to better remember your dreams
- Rituals: evening review and morning reflection (i.e. don’t reach for your phone the second you wake up!)
- How to program dreams before you go to sleep
- Dreams as data around our own process of growth and evolution, where we access our spiritual self
- Why dreams sometimes tend toward stressful
- Lucid dreaming: waking up within the dream to manipulate the dream at will
- Becoming a soul-directed person during the day (not just in dreams)
- What do you do when the flow of life doesn’t feel very fun? Dealing will lulls
- How to interpret dream symbols with intuition
- Is it possible to communicate with others in our dream state?
- The role that meditation and mindfulness plays in dream recall and interpretation
- Interpreting daydreams
- The 5 reflection questions I ask myself in my evening ritual
PODCAST: DREAMS: A GUIDE TO 24-HOUR CONSCIOUSNESS WITH PENNEY PEIRCE
- Pivot Podcast: Intuition and Frequency with Penney Peirce
- Apps: Sleep Cycle and their smaller app, Power Nap
- Radio Lab podcast episodes: Sleep and Dreams
- Penney on the web and Twitter
- Free PDFs from Penney’s website:
- Be the Dreamer, Not the Dream: A Guide to 24-Hour Consciousness
- Dreaming Yourself Awake: Lucid Dreaming and Tibetan Dream Yoga for Insight and Transformation
- Dream Dictionary for Dummies
- Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming: Mastering the Art of Oneironautics
- Dreamland: Adventures in the Strange Science of Sleep
Check out other episodes of the Pivot Podcast here. Be sure to subscribe via iTunes, Android or SoundCloud, and if you enjoy the show I would be very grateful for a rating and/or review! Sign-up for my twice monthly behind-the-business newsletter to receive curated round-ups of what I’m reading, watching, listening to, and new tools I’m geeking out on.