"Prosperity is not something we achieve, it's something we receive."
—Jeffrey Shaw, author of LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible
I had such a blast talking with Jeffrey Shaw for this week’s episode. He has been running his own photography and coaching business for over 33 years, including a podcast called Creative Warriors to help heart-centered entrepreneurs create, serve and be prosperous. We talk about how Jeffrey went from overlooked to overbooked, how to find, connect and speak to your ideal customers, and the energetics of business—how to tune-in to your intuition to guide strategy and next steps.
In Jeffrey’s own words, we are entering “The new renaissance—a time when artists, coaches, designers, authors, speakers and other purpose-driven entrepreneurs will run profitable businesses, be highly respected for their talents and free to express their work across a variety of mediums.” I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I did :)
Get full show notes for this episode at PivotMethod.com/podcast/lingo
More About Jeffrey
Having a keen eye isn’t just for what one sees, but also for what one senses. Having been one of the most sought after portrait photographers in the U.S. for more than three decades, Jeffrey Shaw, a.k.a. the Lingo Guy, uses this honed intuition to attract and maintain specific markets by speaking their Secret Language. Jeffrey is host of the popular business podcast Creative Warriors, a nationally acclaimed keynote speaker, a business coach for entrepreneurs, and author of the forthcoming book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible.
Topics We Cover
- Strategy is great, but turn inward at a time of struggle and challenge first to know the strategies work
- "Our level of success rarely exceeds our level of personal development" —Jim Rohn
- Reciprocal communication, and why you have to be ready for your goals
- When is the last time you welcomed a compliment?
- The four stages of personal development
- Responsibility for impact and co-creation with the universe
- Daily practices and affirmations: "There's more where that came from."
- Moving towards an energetic, non-verbal way of communicating
- Going beyond the statistics when it comes to knowing your audience
- Identifying area of expertise, and who can benefit from this knowledge
- What areas of work can you embrace more flow, and release expectation and attachment to the outcome?
Podcast: Create, Serve, Receive, Be Prosperous: Soulful Business with Jeffrey Shaw
- Jeffrey on the web, Twitter
- Jeffrey Shaw's Creative Warriors podcast and resources
- Jeffrey's book: LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible
Check out other episodes of the Pivot Podcast here. Be sure to subscribe via iTunes, Google Play or SoundCloud, and if you enjoy the show I would be very grateful for a rating and/or review! Sign-up for my weekly(ish) #PivotList newsletter to receive curated round-ups of what I'm reading, watching, listening to, and new tools I'm geeking out on.
Want to support the show and become a founding member of the Pivot Podcast community? Join us on Patreon here.